Sam, Terri & Hank in VA

8.05.2007

Nephew Doug brings celebrities to DC!

Terri, Hank and I went to DC today to meet our nephew Doug, who is interviewing for a cool job there tomorrow. So we were at our favorite bar in Georgetown for dinner and drinks, and Andy Roddick walked in! You probably know I am a huge tennis fan, so this was a total trip for me! This was about 6 hours after he had just won the Legg Mason tournament and picked up a check for $75,000. Funny, he didn't volunteer to pick up our tab! I told him I noticed he was hitting his backhand a little flat, and maybe he should roll over the top of it a bit more. He seemed to appreciate the advice.



Funny thing is, he was out drinking with the guy who he beat in the final today! His name is John Isner, check this guy out! He's like 6 foot 10! Who am I, Gary Coleman?? Someone call the National Zoo, Sasquatch is on the loose in Georgetown!! And he needs some sun on his sasquatch feet!


Of course the best thing about the night is we got to see our nephew Doug, who is doing great, looking great, and going to blow them away in his interview tomorrow. Good luck Doug!!

1 Comments:

  • If my two days in D.C. are any indication, this blog is going to become a celebrity gossip blog quickly if I get the job and move to D.C. On my way out of town, I saw Michael Chertoff at Reagan National. Does the director of Homeland Security count as a celebrity? Probably not, but he kind of does for political junkies like me. :)

    I'm so glad you posted this blog - fun memories, fun times, and hopefully an indication of fun to come!!!

    Thanks again for braving the traffic to hang out with me. I had a blast. You guys got my D.C. trip started out right, so if I get the job, I owe it all to you. :)

    By Blogger doug, at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home