Sam, Terri & Hank in VA

3.20.2007

Heading West...

Hi all - I am heading to las vegas tomorrow morning for an awesome 3-day trip with a great cast of characters:
- Ben
- Cousin Ted
- Tony Franklin (friend of Ben/Ted/me from Mpls)
- nephew Chris (just turned 21 three weeks ago)
- nephew Matt (Chris' brother)

This really all started as a trip to celebrate Chris' 21st b-day....I ran it by Ben and Ted and they loved the idea, so away we went on planning. It is going to be so fun...we're going to spend all day Thurs/Fri betting on the sweet 16 basketball games, then hopefully all night spending our winnings! If all the games go according to the Sam Formula, I should be able to pay our mortgage off in the very near future.....

Matt, Chris, and I are leaving from Norfolk VA....one great thing about Richmond is that you have access to literally 6 big airports within a 2-hour drive: Richmond, Dulles, Reagan, Baltimore, Norfolk, Charlottesville. The best option this time happened to be Norfolk: direct flights on southwest airlines, and the flight times were perfect. We leave around noon, get back around 11pm. We're leaving a car at the airport. We'll get there 2 hours before the MN group, who are all on the same sun country flight around 2pm, I believe.

In las vegas we're staying at the Mirage, we got this huge suite that will sleep all 6 of us. 1700 square feet! I've never even had a house that big! Check out the room here:
http://www.mirage.com/hotel/hotel_guestsuites_hospitality.aspx
As Uncle Paulie would say, forget about it!

If we make it back from LV, we are moving into our house a week from today here in Richmond. Today I was over at the house to meet a painter, another guy to take out a wall, and two contractors to talk about building a garage. I don't know how much of this stuff we'll actually get done and when, but I do know that it is so nice to finally OWN something again. We're definitely excited. And we're happy to get some improvements done right away before we move in, so we can enjoy them for a while. At our last place, we did most of the work too close to when we sold. Our new windows were so awesome, I wanted to take them with us.

Hank is on a Tues-Wed-Thurs school schedule....I need to go pick him up in a few minutes actually. I think he's doing real well, but if there is a rough spot it seems to be nap time...his schedule is so late that he isn't used to napping as early as 1230, plus he isn't used to just going to sleep when someone says to. He talks about nap time the most with me, which gives me the impression he doesn't like it. The rest of his days seem to be going well.

If I have time to post again tonight, I may cover Terri's job or more on Hank's school....if not, I will bring (some) stories back from las vegas!! Talk to you later.

Sam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home