Sam, Terri & Hank in VA

11.06.2006

Hank and T get here tomorrow

Well I've been here for 4 weeks as of tonight....got here October 9th. Tomorrow Terri and Hank (and Dallas the ghetto cat) are arriving for a house-hunting and vacation trip. The plan now is for Terri to stay one week and then head back to Mpls for the packing/moving from Nov 14-18. Hank is going to stay here in VA...that way we avoid two more plane trips for him and he probably wouldn't be really comfortable or happy being around the house while the packers and movers are there. So he will stay here and spend some time with Aunt Julie and Uncle Rob.

I am going to try to fly back on the night of Wed Nov 15th so I am also there during packing (Thurs) and moving (Fri). Then Terri and I will drive the car from Mpls to VA on Saturday/Sunday (with the other two cats!). So as of Sunday night Nov 19th, we should be here for good. The house in Mpls closes on Nov 21 but we don't need to be there for that, the relocation company handles it.

It's going to be great to see Hank and Terri tomorrow, it has been a long time! Even from the sound of his voice Hank sounds more grown up than when I left. The last morning I was in Mpls, I couldn't sleep so I went in to sit in Hank's room in the dark. I looked into the crib and he was staring up at me wide-eyed as could be, it was really weird. He didn't make a sound or try to get up, but he wanted to hold onto my finger, which he hadn't really done before. He would start to fall asleep, then I would move to leave, and he would grab on to my finger really tight again. It was like he knew something was going on. He finally fell asleep after 45 minutes and that was the last time I saw him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home